Wednesday, March 28, 2012

cedar chest


Many people have one laying around. Passed down from a grandmother or aunt. The antique cedar chest. Nothing screams dated like one of these babies. I refinished one of my two chests when I did my master furniture. I wanted the wood to peek through and wanted to make the chest amazingly beautiful.




I sanded it down, wiped it well and then painted it with Valspar enamel and a cheap brush. I worked fast with fast light strokes. I went right over the hardware and layered on the coats swiftly and lightly. It really is very pretty and 100% better than it was before. I put layer of satin poly on the tap where the dog likes to jump up to get on and off of the bed. I did nothing to the inside.



I have another one that is in terrible shape. Not sure what I will do with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://shabbyblogs.com/storage/old/ShabbyBlogsComments.jpg