Monday, May 28, 2012

using what you have

When I updated my style I wanted to get all new things. However I didn’t want to pay for all new things, didn’t want to get rid of what I had and didn’t want store bought things to define my style. SO I gathered everything up and stored them like a thrift store. The idea was to be able to see what I had and “shop” my own stuff. The way my brain processes I thought it would inspire me to use what I have and give me a vision like I would were I shopping old stuff to make new again. I grouped them by type. I removed shades from lamps, glass from frames, you get the idea. I also have a general tip. The new trendy color or the new trendy style is something that I believe should be an inexpensive or free investment. I now recycle the same pieces and prey them or hand paint them to suit my changing moods and the trends. I get bored easily and I won’t waste any money on something that I won’t love forever. SO look forward to seeing my recycled pieces re-painted to suit my constant changing lady mind.



BEFORE


UPDATED LAMP AND BIRD-AFTER


BEFORE

UPDATED SIDE TABLE-AFTER

UPDATED-AFTER, USED TO BE BLACK AND BROWN AND UGLY UGLY


UPDATED FRAMES-AFTER
UPDATED-AFTER, USED TO ALL BE BLACKISH BROWN AND UGLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://shabbyblogs.com/storage/old/ShabbyBlogsComments.jpg